Re: problems compiling slicer 3.2 in debian

Re: problems compiling slicer 3.2 in debian

Dave Welch
Hi all,

I was having this same problem (CMake complaining that it couldn't find Tcl) on a Ubuntu 9.04 and adding the solution by Dominique Belhachemi fixed it for me.  Is this a bug in Slicer3/CMakeLists.txt?

Cheers,

--
David Welch
Graduate Student

David Welch
University of Iowa

Re: problems compiling slicer 3.2 in debian

Hi David -

Have you tried version 3.4?  There are some pre-reqs:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Build_Instructions#getbuildtest_on_linux

This does a local build, whereas Dominique's solution allows a system
install for debian (but I'm not sure that works with version 3.2...)

-Steve

On F/4/10 11:16 AM, David Welch wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was having this same problem (CMake complaining that it couldn't find
> Tcl) on a Ubuntu 9.04 and adding the solution by Dominique Belhachemi
> fixed it for me.  Is this a bug in Slicer3/CMakeLists.txt?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> David Welch
> Graduate Student
> Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
> University of Iowa
> Lab: (319) 335-5279

Re: problems compiling slicer 3.2 in debian

Dave Welch
I've had Slicer3 working on my system, but I needed to update to the nightly build from release 3.4.1.  I'm building from the latest nightly build so that I can develop some of the VMTK modules.  I've had to install KWWidgets and Teem 1.10, reinstall VTK with TCL on, and update CMake to 2.8 and when I tried building Slicer after all this, I got the "Can't find TCL" error.  Dominique's solution appeared to solve this, but the plot has since thickened...

Slicer MRML is complaining that there are missing VTK elements in VTKCamera.

/usr/lib/Slicer3/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx: In destructor ‘virtual vtkMRMLCameraNode::~vtkMRMLCameraNode()’:
/usr/lib/Slicer3/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:79: error: ‘class vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘SetUserViewTransform’
/usr/lib/Slicer3/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx: In member function ‘virtual void vtkMRMLCameraNode::ProcessMRMLEvents(vtkObject*, long unsigned int, void*)’:
/usr/lib/Slicer3/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:294: error: ‘class vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘GetUserViewTransform’
/usr/lib/Slicer3/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:298: error: ‘class vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘SetUserViewTransform’
make[2]: *** [Libs/MRML/CMakeFiles/MRML.dir/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Libs/MRML/CMakeFiles/MRML.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Do I need to update VTK?  The error doesn't look to be caused by Slicer, but linking between Slicer and VTK.  I don't know enough to confidently troubleshoot this!

Thanks,
Dave

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Steve Pieper <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David -
>
> Have you tried version 3.4?  There are some pre-reqs:
>
> http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Build_Instructions#getbuildtest_on_linux
>
> This does a local build, whereas Dominique's solution allows a system install for debian (but I'm not sure that works with version 3.2...)
>
> -Steve
>
> On F/4/10 11:16 AM, David Welch wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was having this same problem (CMake complaining that it couldn't find
>> Tcl) on a Ubuntu 9.04 and adding the solution by Dominique Belhachemi
>> fixed it for me.  Is this a bug in Slicer3/CMakeLists.txt?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> David Welch
>> Graduate Student
>> Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
>> University of Iowa
>> Lab: (319) 335-5279

David Welch
Graduate Student
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
University of Iowa
Lab: (319) 335-5279

David Welch
University of Iowa

Re: problems compiling slicer 3.2 in debian

Aucoin, Nicole
Hi David,

Yes, you need to update VTK. The svn trunk is using VTK-5-4 while the
3.4 branch uses VTK-5-2.

Nicole

David Welch wrote:

> [...]
> 3.2...)
> >
> > -Steve
> >
> > On F/4/10 11:16 AM, David Welch wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I was having this same problem (CMake complaining that it couldn't find
> >> Tcl) on a Ubuntu 9.04 and adding the solution by Dominique Belhachemi
> >> fixed it for me.  Is this a bug in Slicer3/CMakeLists.txt?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> --
> >> David Welch
> >> Graduate Student
> >> Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
> >> University of Iowa
> >> Lab: (319) 335-5279

> David Welch
> Graduate Student
> Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
> University of Iowa
> Lab: (319) 335-5279

Re: problems compiling slicer 3.2 in debian

Daniel Haehn
Hi Dave,

as I already told you, you can add VMTK functionality to
VMTKVesselEnhancement also using the pre-compiled nightly build. This
way you wouldn't have to struggle with compilation errors.

Greets,
Daniel

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 15:39 -0600, David Welch wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I was having this same problem (CMake complaining that it couldn't
> find
> >> Tcl) on a Ubuntu 9.04 and adding the solution by Dominique
> Belhachemi
> >> fixed it for me.  Is this a bug in Slicer3/CMakeLists.txt?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> --
> >> David Welch
> >> Graduate Student
> >> Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
> >> University of Iowa
> >> Lab: (319) 335-5279

> subject
>

> --
> David Welch
> Graduate Student
> Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
> University of Iowa
> Lab: (319) 335-5279

Re: problems compiling slicer 3.2 in debian

I'm running VTK 5.4.2 (the most recent release), so I guess the question is: Does that mean I need the nightly build of VTK for Slicer's nightly build?  I'm not an experienced developer and that surprises me.

David Welch
University of Iowa

Re: problems compiling slicer 3.2 in debian

Aucoin, Nicole
Yes, the Slicer3 nightly build usually relies on the most recent source
code in the VTK repository under the tag/branch that we're using.

Nicole