Re: [slicer-devel] SlicerRT

Csaba Pinter-2

Hi Aaron,

SlicerRT is a toolkit for Slicer that offers radiotherapy-related features. IGSTK is a toolkit that enables you to use position-tracked devices with imaging devices and acquire data.

If you plan to use such devices together with Slicer, I suggest using PLUS [1], because it already integrates quite well with Slicer and is still under development.

csaba

[1] http://plustoolkit.org

Re: [slicer-devel] SlicerRT

Tamas Ungi-2

Hi Aaron,

On this note, PLUS implements real-time communication with many hardware devices (mainly trackers and image sources). There is also a Slicer extension called SlicerIGT (www.slicerigt.org) that you can use to build a real-time navigation systems using PLUS and Slicer.

Tamas