Registering MultiVolume with BRAINSFit

Matthew Anthony Mouawad

Hello again,

I am trying to register a 4d volume that was imported using the multivolume importer. I load it in successfully but then it isn’t an option to choose as a fixed or moving image. I figured that since brainsfit has the “fixed image time point” box that it would allow selection of 4d volumes by the multivolume importer but is this not the case or does it have to be in a specific format?

Re: Registering MultiVolume with BRAINSFit

Steve Pieper-2
Hi -

You can enable frame copying to get a single 3D volume from the 4D sequence and you can use that for registration.

-Steve

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Matthew Anthony Mouawad <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello again,

I am trying to register a 4d volume that was imported using the multivolume importer. I load it in successfully but then it isn’t an option to choose as a fixed or moving image. I figured that since brainsfit has the “fixed image time point” box that it would allow selection of 4d volumes by the multivolume importer but is this not the case or does it have to be in a specific format?

Re: Registering MultiVolume with BRAINSFit

Matthew Anthony Mouawad

When I do that it still doesn’t allow me to register to a different time point in the same series. This is fine as long as I know there is no capability to register a one time frame to another. Sort of makes the fixed/moving image time point box in BRAINSFit useless though.

Re: Registering MultiVolume with BRAINSFit

Andrey Fedorov-2
I was not even aware of this option in BRAINSFit. I am not sure what type of node it expects. It may be that this option is meaningful only when you run it from command line, and shape your 4d data in a way BRAINSFit expects.

Inline image 1

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Matthew Anthony Mouawad <[hidden email]> wrote:

When I do that it still doesn’t allow me to register to a different time point in the same series. This is fine as long as I know there is no capability to register a one time frame to another. Sort of makes the fixed/moving image time point box in BRAINSFit useless though.

Re: Registering MultiVolume with BRAINSFit

Matthew Anthony Mouawad

Yea that’s it! I saw it there and thought it would make my life easier if I could use the multi-volume importer to import my 4d data and change the index to register each volume to the first time point. I guess I will leave it for now though.