Registration transform initialization

Matthew Anthony Mouawad

Hi everyone, quick clarification question.

If I use a bspline transform as initialization (in brainsfit ? initialization transform) on an image that has had no registrations preformed on it, will it use more than just the rigid transformations? Like to apply a bspline transform to an image you have to resample it but if I don’t do that step and just provide it as an initialization will it know the resample it?

Hopefully that is clear.

Re: Registration transform initialization

Andras Lasso-2

It is quite possible that the initial transform must be a linear transform. You can check in the source code (https://github.com/BRAINSia/BRAINSTools/tree/master/BRAINSFit) or just run the registration and see what happens to confirm this. If you are still not sure then the probably the best is to apply (harden) the transform on the image before registration – then it is surely applied.

Andras

Hi everyone, quick clarification question.

If I use a bspline transform as initialization (in brainsfit ? initialization transform) on an image that has had no registrations preformed on it, will it use more than just the rigid transformations? Like to apply a bspline transform to an image you have to resample it but if I don’t do that step and just provide it as an initialization will it know the resample it?

Hopefully that is clear.

Re: Registration transform initialization

Matthew Anthony Mouawad
Thanks for the link but unfortunately I am a fairly new programmer really only having learned python and matlab. I'll try and read through it to see if I can find the answer I'm looking for but I guess it really comes down to does the brains fit algo interpolate the images before preforming the first iteration of calculating the similarity metric and optimization. From the documentation I read on the itk handbook it doesn't occur before that but they may have simplified the schematic. There must be some logic there since it can do multi resolution images right? Unless anyone else has any comments I'll investigate further on my own. Thanks for your help