Nicos Markides
Hi Kilian,

For the atlas to subject registration it would be wrong if I just make the registration
between the atlas_T1 and my subject T2, but because it has to do with two different modalities just
not select the Histogram Matching ?
And if it's ok with this, what about the atlases for each anatomical structure that given by
the Full Brain Parcellation Task ? Is it ok to use them onto my T2 subject, as these atlases
were created by the manual segmentations on the T1 atlas ?

For the other issue, the steps for the new task i've created are the same with the MRI Human Brain Full Parcellation
task, except from the pre-processing that I'm doing it seperately on the other Modules. I haven't move to the other
steps after the Step 4, because i can't define the Parcellation Maps. Also, without the pre-prosessing, at step 7, the
intensity distribution it will be calculated by automatically sampling, or should i have to do it by myself using a manual sampling ?
The thing, is that my segmentation is specific, and it's a bit difficult to sampling voxels manually for each anatomical structure..

Thanks, Nicos

Re: Reply

Kilian Pohl
Hi Nicos,
On 8/20/2012 1:12 PM, Nicos Markides wrote:
Hi Kilian,

For the atlas to subject registration it would be wrong if I just make the registration
between the atlas_T1 and my subject T2, but because it has to do with two different modalities just
not select the Histogram Matching ?
You most likely wont get the best results .
And if it's ok with this, what about the atlases for each anatomical structure that given by
the Full Brain Parcellation Task ? Is it ok to use them onto my T2 subject, as these atlases
were created by the manual segmentations on the T1 atlas ?
I do not have the T2 for the T1 of that atlas - if needed I will find out if it exists

For the other issue, the steps for the new task i've created are the same with the MRI Human Brain Full Parcellation
task, except from the pre-processing that I'm doing it seperately on the other Modules. I haven't move to the other
steps after the Step 4, because i can't define the Parcellation Maps. Also, without the pre-prosessing, at step 7, the
intensity distribution it will be calculated by automatically sampling, or should i have to do it by myself using a manual sampling ?
If you have spatial priors for your structures - let the program do it for you - so try it first out automatically . If it does not work you might have to manually sample it or we need to look further into any issues you have with the set up
The thing, is that my segmentation is specific, and it's a bit difficult to sampling voxels manually for each anatomical structure..

Kilian
Thanks, Nicos