Resiz PET images for registration with CT images in PET/CT system?

Resiz PET images for registration with CT images in PET/CT system?

shahrokh
Hi Slicer users
I have two set images PET/CT of a patient. The specifications of these 3D
images include as following lines:
CT:
Matrix size: 512 * 512 * 324
Pixel Size: 0.97655625 * 0.97655625 mm
Slice Thickness: 5.0 mm

PET:
Matrix size: 168 * 168 * 324
Pixel Size: 4.07283 * 4.07283 mm
Slice Thickness: 5.0 mm

At now, I want to resize PET and save it so that after resizing, PET images
are same size with CT. How do I do?

Also, I have some question about Slicer. When I load these images to Slicer,
and I work with landmark registration module, without doing anything, I see
that they are registered completely and excellently. How does it
(registration) Slicer?

What should I use the modules in Slicer? I want to save PET images resized
in hdr format example. How do I do?

Is it done on the basis of information contained in info section of CT and
PET images while the PET and CT images are not same size.

Please guide me.
Thanks a lot.
Shahrokh

Re: Resiz PET images for registration with CT images in PET/CT system?

Andras Lasso-2

Slicer tests into account image origin, spacing, and axis directions. Matlab, ImageJ, and other basic software packages ignore these information and so images appear misaligned.

What software are you trying to use?

Andras