Roll, Pitch nad Yaw

Kannan U V
Hi,
How do I set Pitch, Roll and yaw through the TCL interactor or any
other scripting? Please point me to the manual where I can find the
same.

Thanks,
Kannan

Re: Roll, Pitch nad Yaw

inorton
Hi Kannan,

Quick adjustments may be made manually via the Transforms module to any data displayed in the Data hierarchy (right click -> Insert transform, drag the data onto the transform, then adjust in Transforms).

For scripted access, note that Slicer uses affine transform to specify orientation. So the appropriate matrix specifying the pitch/roll/raw must be set. For reference, there is a discussion here:
http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Coordinate_systems

Here are some tcl scripts to look at for examples:
/Slicer3/Modules/ScriptedModuleExample/
/Slicer3/Modules/ExtractSubvolumeROI/

The calls to look at are SetMatrix and SetAndObserveTransformNodeID.

HTH,
-Isaiah

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Kannan U V <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
How do I set Pitch, Roll and yaw through the TCL interactor or any
other scripting? Please point me to the manual where I can find the
same.

Thanks,
Kannan

Re: Roll, Pitch nad Yaw

Steve Pieper
Hi Kannan -

Another option is to query the current camera with a command like this:

   set camera [[$::slicer3::MRMLScene GetNthNodeByClass 0 vtkMRMLCameraNode] GetCamera]

then you can access the camera params like this:

   $camera GetRoll
   $camera SetRoll 100

you can see what command are available with this:

   $camera ListMethods

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Isaiah Norton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Steve, Isaiah,
Both of the methods are help full. But a quick question. When I right
click and I see the image rotating is the camera parameters changed or
the object is transformed every time?

Thanks,
Kannan

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Steve Pieper <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Kannan -
>
> Another option is to query the current camera with a command like this:
>
>    set camera [[$::slicer3::MRMLScene GetNthNodeByClass 0 vtkMRMLCameraNode]
> GetCamera]
>
> then you can access the camera params like this:
>
>    $camera GetRoll
>    $camera SetRoll 100
>
> you can see what command are available with this:
>
>    $camera ListMethods
>

> Best,
> Steve
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Isaiah Norton <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kannan,
>>
>> Quick adjustments may be made manually via the Transforms module to any
>> data displayed in the Data hierarchy (right click -> Insert transform, drag
>> the data onto the transform, then adjust in Transforms).
>>
>> For scripted access, note that Slicer uses affine transform to specify
>> orientation. So the appropriate matrix specifying the pitch/roll/raw must be
>> set. For reference, there is a discussion here:
>> http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Coordinate_systems
>>
>> Here are some tcl scripts to look at for examples:
>> /Slicer3/Modules/ScriptedModuleExample/
>> /Slicer3/Modules/ExtractSubvolumeROI/
>>
>> The calls to look at are SetMatrix and SetAndObserveTransformNodeID.
>>
>> HTH,
>> -Isaiah
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Kannan U V <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> How do I set Pitch, Roll and yaw through the TCL interactor or any
>>> other scripting? Please point me to the manual where I can find the
>>> same.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kannan
>>> subject

>> subject

Kannan

Re: Roll, Pitch nad Yaw

Steve Pieper
Hi Kannan -

It's the camera that changes - the objects stay put.

-Steve

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Kannan U V <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Steve, Isaiah,
Both of the methods are help full. But a quick question. When I right
click and I see the image rotating is the camera parameters changed or
the object is transformed every time?

Thanks,
Kannan

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Steve Pieper <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Kannan -
>
> Another option is to query the current camera with a command like this:
>
>    set camera [[$::slicer3::MRMLScene GetNthNodeByClass 0 vtkMRMLCameraNode]
> GetCamera]
>
> then you can access the camera params like this:
>
>    $camera GetRoll
>    $camera SetRoll 100
>
> you can see what command are available with this:
>
>    $camera ListMethods
>

> Best,
> Steve
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Isaiah Norton <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kannan,
>>
>> Quick adjustments may be made manually via the Transforms module to any
>> data displayed in the Data hierarchy (right click -> Insert transform, drag
>> the data onto the transform, then adjust in Transforms).
>>
>> For scripted access, note that Slicer uses affine transform to specify
>> orientation. So the appropriate matrix specifying the pitch/roll/raw must be
>> set. For reference, there is a discussion here:
>> http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Coordinate_systems
>>
>> Here are some tcl scripts to look at for examples:
>> /Slicer3/Modules/ScriptedModuleExample/
>> /Slicer3/Modules/ExtractSubvolumeROI/
>>
>> The calls to look at are SetMatrix and SetAndObserveTransformNodeID.
>>
>> HTH,
>> -Isaiah
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Kannan U V <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> How do I set Pitch, Roll and yaw through the TCL interactor or any
>>> other scripting? Please point me to the manual where I can find the
>>> same.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kannan
>>> subject