Setting the view for dental use

Alpar Dako
Dear Slicer Users!

Is here someone, who is using Slicer for analysis of CBCTs, for dental purposes

We are working on a study related to guided bone regeneration procedures for dental implants.

Slicer seems to be good for us, but our problem is, we can not set the view, which can be set in most of the dental ct softwares, attached please find a screenshot of iCAT software, so You can understand, which view I am talking about. By rolling the mouse, you can move along the dental arch, from slice to slice, and you can set this direction the way you want.

This way You can reach and see every tooth from a mezio-distal direction.

Is there any possibility in Slicer to set this view?

Thank You very much for Your help in advance!

Kind regards,
Alpár

icat screenshot.png (672K) Download Attachment

Re: Setting the view for dental use

Andras Lasso-2

Dear Alpar,

The feature you are looking for is curved multi-planar reconstruction. It’s available in Slicer, but not yet in a very convenient way. I’ve recorded a 2-minute video about how you can do it now:

https://youtu.be/thExIlffL0I

It requires a new Slicer nightly build that you download tomorrow or later. It can be made much nicer and more convenient with a bit of Python scripting.

Andras

Re: Setting the view for dental use

Alpar Dako
Dear Andras!

Thank You very much for Your help, and for Your precious time what you've spent for me!
This is what I was looking for!

Respect!
Alpár