Slicer 3.4 - Rigid Registration

stella ang
Hi all,

I wanted to perform a rigid registration. However, I met with some problems.

I have linked up Aurora-Slicer3 (using OpenIGTLink) and now I intend to register the scanned CT file with the patient/body.

What should be adjusted at the corresponding Data module? (e.g Locator node under Rigid Registration node?) Then what about the reference frame?

If i'm not wrong, at Transform module, the Rigid Registration is supposed to response to probe movement, which will then conclude its success of registration? Am I right? But apparently I do not see such response at all. And what does "invert" means?

Another note is sometimes the program will hang while I initiate these modules. Any particular reason?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Stella

Re: Slicer 3.4 - Rigid Registration

Andrew Wiles-2
Hello Stella,

I am working on a Slicer Module that will collect fiducial points from a tracking system using openIGT link which can then be used with the Transform from Fiducials method.  Unfortunately, I am still chasing some memory leaks that I introduced and I haven't checked in the code yet.  I am also, converting my Linux distro from openSUSE to Ubuntu because of some silly configuration issues in openSUSE that make it very difficult to configure for Slicer and the other open source libraries (things just work on Ubuntu).  So if you can wait a few days, I hope to have new module checked in.

Cheers.
Andrew

--------------------
Andrew D. Wiles, PhD, PEng