Slicer 3.6

John Fredy
Hello All, The 3D Slicer 3.6 will have the VMTK module? When will be released the 3D Slicer 3.6? Thanks in advance

Re: Slicer 3.6

Manuel Vonthron
I would be extremely happy to have VMTK bundled with Slicer too !

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:12 PM, John Fredy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All, The 3D Slicer 3.6 will have the VMTK module? When will be
> released the 3D Slicer 3.6? Thanks in advance

Manuel Vonthron
Laboratoire de Nanorobotique
École Polytechnique de Montréal
Montréal, QC

Re: Slicer 3.6

Daniel Haehn
Hi,

thank you so much for the interest in VMTK in 3D Slicer!

While a direct bundle with 3D Slicer is theoretically possible and
easy to do, I am not sure if its the best way to go. In my eyes, we
should try to keep the 3D Slicer base as small as possible and use the
extension system for additional functionality. I would outsource even
more modules as extensions..

The VMTK libraries would increase the 3D Slicer package about 17 MB if
bundled directly.

I do expect that all extensions including VMTK are compiled and
tested for the 3.6 release on all available platforms. This way, one
would not have to struggle with extension build URLs or anything but
could just select the extensions in the wizard after downloading Slicer
3.6 and it should work.

I will add a little bit of functionality in the next days (f.e.
centerline export to fiducial lists) - this should make it to the
compiled version for 3.6.

Bye,
Daniel