Slicer 4 Crashing

Nneka Richards

Hi,

I've been using slicer for approximately 3 weeks now. On Monday, Slicer would close every time I attempt to use the B-spline Deformable Registration listed under Plastimatch.
I tried the following things, but it is still crashing, even when I tried to create a Linear transform for Fiducial registration:

1. Uninstall and Re-install 3D Slicer 4
2. Uninstall and Re-install Slicer RT Extension
3. Update Java

The following error messages were obtained from the error log:

qSlicerScriptedLoadableModuleWidget::setPythonSource "C:/Users/nirich/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-21513/SlicerRT/lib/Slicer-4.2/qt-scripted-modules/DicomRtImportSelfTestPaths.py" - Failed to instantiate scripted pythonqt class "DicomRtImportSelfTestPaths" 0x73f56a8

Fail to instantiate module "DicomRtImportSelfTestPaths"

 SystemError: ..\Objects\classobject.c:508: bad argument to internal function

Number of registered modules: 131

Register compression libraries

Attached are the images and scene I used when the program began crashing.

endStack.tif (209K) Download Attachment
startStack.tif (209K) Download Attachment
2013-02-05-Scene.mrml (86K) Download Attachment

Re: Slicer 4 Crashing

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi Nneka,

Also added the devel list in copy.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

I suspect some issue associated with the self test framework.  I am sure the SlicerRt maintainer and SelfTest developer will chime in with some feedback.

Let's also note that he associated test is failing on CDash. See http://slicer.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=3391876&build=62483

Hth
Jc

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Nneka Richards <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

+1 919 869 8849

Re: Slicer 4 Crashing

Sharp, Gregory C.
Hi Nneka,

I will try to reproduce.

Just to make sure, this is 32-bit or 64-bit windows?

Greg

Re: Slicer 4 Crashing

Steve Pieper
Hi Nenka -

I agree with Jc, there is a startup error or two in the SlicerRT self tests, but I don't think they are related to the crash (just harmless warnings that need to be cleaned up).

Definitely use the 64 bit windows version if you are not already.  Let's see what Greg finds when he tries to reproduce.

-Steve

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Sharp, Gregory C. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nneka,

I will try to reproduce.

Just to make sure, this is 32-bit or 64-bit windows?

Greg

Re: Slicer 4 Crashing

Sharp, Gregory C.
Oh yeah, Slicer does crash (4.2.2, windows 64).  Something with annotations.  Unrelated to SlicerRT.

Thank you for the test data Nneka, it was very helpful for reproducing quickly.

I will test again on svn head.

Re: Slicer 4 Crashing

Sharp, Gregory C.

FYI, the crash is reproduced on svn head.

http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=2925