Slicer 4. Extention Manager not working

I have downloaded the latest stable version of Slicer 3D, which is 4.2.2-1 as of now. I am trying to install the Plastimatch plugin using the Extension Manager, but it seems the Extension manager doesn't work since the window opens with only the Install Extensions tab active and with no text or items beneath.

I have enabled the Extension Manager in the Application Settings and verified that the URL is reachable from my browser.

Thank you.

Re: Slicer 4. Extention Manager not working

Andras Lasso
I've just tried it with the 64-bit Windows build of 4.2.2-1 and it works for
me. Please try again and write more details if you still have problems (what
OS do you use, if it works with another Slicer version, on another computer,
etc).

Re: Slicer 4. Extention Manager not working

Murat Maga
This might be a proxy issue. Please make sure you have a direct connection to internet.

Re: Slicer 4. Extention Manager not working

I am on Windows XP 32. I tried it woth 4.1 first and then uploaded to 4.2, none has worked. I cannot try version 3. Since it has been removed from the slicer website. We tried it on another computer on the same network and did not work.

Re: Slicer 4. Extention Manager not working

I am on a secure network in a health facility but I could access the url in a browser on that network. What can I do to resolve this?

Roja
Sent from my iPhone

I have downloaded the latest stable version of Slicer 3D, which is 4.2.2-1
as of now. I am trying to install the Plastimatch plugin using the Extension
Manager, but it seems the Extension manager doesn't work since the window
opens with only the Install Extensions tab active and with no text or items
beneath.

I have enabled the Extension Manager in the Application Settings and
verified that the URL is reachable from my browser.

Thank you.

http://slicer-users.65878.n3.nabble.com/Slicer-4-Extention-Manager-not-working-tp4026512p4026517.html
To unsubscribe from Slicer 4. Extention Manager not working, click here.
NAML

Re: Slicer 4. Extention Manager not working

Sharp, Gregory C.

Hi R.,

Sorry, but I have bad news for you.  It was decided that
Slicer should not supply extensions for 32-bit windows.
The best/only option for 32-bit users who want to use an
extension is to compile both Slicer and the extension
from source.

This web page explains how to compile Slicer.

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/Build_Instructions

This web page explains how to compile SlicerRT.

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/slicerrt/wiki/SlicerRt_developers_page

Please give it a try, and ask questions to slicer-devel list
if you get stuck.

Greg