Slicer Dicom Module

akadiryazici
Hi
I am trying to run Dicom Listener. But I could not make it work. I run Listener on Dicom Module and get the following output:

starting storescp process

(u'Starting C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.6.0/bin\\storescp.exe with ', ['11112', '--accept-all', '--output-directory', u'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Documents/SlicerDICOMDatabase/incoming', '--exec-sync', '--exec-on-reception', u'C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.6.0/bin\\dcmdump.exe --load-short --print-short --print-filename --search PatientName "C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Documents/SlicerDICOMDatabase/incoming/#f"'])

process C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.6.0/bin\storescp.exe now in state Starting

process C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.6.0/bin\storescp.exe now in state Running

I want to connect server from another computer. So I added server and set port to 11112. When I try to query I got following log message:

Error negotiating the association: Failed to establish association

0006:0317 Peer aborted Association (or never connected)

0006:031c TCP Initialization Error: No error

It seems server does not accept the connection request. I was wondering what is the correct way of configuring server? I searched but could not find something useful.

Best

Abdulkadir

Re: Slicer Dicom Module

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Abdulkadir -

Thanks for testing the dicom module and reporting your experience.  DICOM networking is always tricky to debug, but hopefully we can get it working as expected.

First let me say that Slicer's DICOM provides only a "listener" (or storage service class provider in DICOM terminology) and a query client (find service class user).  Slicer doesn't provide a query server (find service class provider) so if you tried to query from a different host then it's expected that Slicer won't respond.

You should be able to either push from another DICOM node to Slicer or use Slicer to query/retrieve from a different node.