Slicer mailing list

arumiat
Out of curiosity, why does the Slicer community use a mailing list rather than a forum? I know it's just been migrated but I was wondering whether using something like a Google groups might be a better thing. I love Slicer but the regular emails on areas I have no ability to contribute on I can imagine might be cause for people who might otherwise stick around and give help to others (by dropping into a forum on a regular basis) to unsubscribe from the mailing list. In my humble opinion the look of the mailing list doesn't do the quality of the actual program justice either.

You must all be in Barca, hope you're enjoying yourselves,