Slicer measure module

Betty nhuoma Chinda
Hi Everyone,
While perusing the slicer user guide (https://www.slicer.org/archives/users/index.html), I noticed that there is a "measure" module but which is not present in this version I'm using - slicer 4.5 for Windows. I downloaded older versions of slicer (slicer 4.00) but they also don't have that option. Do you have any help for me.
I attached what I'm talking about so you can see it. If not, is there any way I can measure the volume of a bleed using the slicer app without having to use the measure module?

Thanks,
Betty

Measure module slicer.pdf (690K) Download Attachment
screenshots.pdf (1M) Download Attachment

Re: Slicer measure module

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Hi Betty,

the information about the measure module is from Slicer 2, based on the looks of the interface, the second one is from the current stable release. Access to old versions of Slicer is possible, but at your own risk.
The following page contains some older versions of 3D Slicer:

Having said that, there are measurement capabilities in the current 3D Slicer, both the stable release and the nightly build. Knowing what you want to measure would allow me to be more specific.

Your second screenshot shows a module to quantitatively analyze FA based on streamlines extracted from diffusion MRI data.
I checked and the documentation of this page and it has been significantly improved in the nightly build. See
There is a tutorial about the use of this module. See

There is also a module that will give you simple descriptive statistics from a combination of label map and scalar grayscale images.

HTH

Best

Ron

On Jul 22, 2016, at 8:11 PM, Betty nhuoma Chinda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Everyone,
While perusing the slicer user guide (https://www.slicer.org/archives/users/index.html), I noticed that there is a "measure" module but which is not present in this version I'm using - slicer 4.5 for Windows. I downloaded older versions of slicer (slicer 4.00) but they also don't have that option. Do you have any help for me.
I attached what I'm talking about so you can see it. If not, is there any way I can measure the volume of a bleed using the slicer app without having to use the measure module?

Thanks,
Betty<Measure module slicer.pdf><screenshots.pdf>_______________________________________________

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis