Slicer modules for the upcoming 3.6 release

Slicer modules for the upcoming 3.6 release

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation-3.6#Requirements_for_Modules

Dear friends,

work has begun on the next stable release for Slicer. We are currently
aiming at end of May for the release. The plan is to freeze features at
the end of this month and to address critical bugs (which are in the bug
tracker) during the month of April.
http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/my_view_page.php

As part of this process we are reviewing which modules to include in the
release. Only modules will be included which are compliant with the
first five bullet items listed in the page which is linked at the top of
this email.

To summarize: A module has to be
-feature complete and work,
-have a test,
-have a meaningful documentation (targeted at biomedical scientists, not
computer scientists)
-have a meaningful help section in the module (including a link to the
slicer wiki)
-have an acknowledgment which includes author, lab and funding source

We have started a documentation page for Slicer 3.6 by copying the 3.5
pages.

What I need you to do by Sunday 3/28 if you are the author of one or
more modules and or extensions:
-Review the modules that are assigned to you. Is that assignment
correct? Does the name of the module need to be changed? Is the module
in the correct category? Update the wiki page to reflect reality.
-Documentation on the wiki: copy the 3.6 documentation template onto a
properly renamed page, populate and update the page using the 3.5
version as an update, change the link on the main documentation page and
remove the text saying not yet 3.6
http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation-3.6#Modules
-review the source code of the module and update help and acknowledgment.
-Send me an email that you are done with these steps

What you need to do by end of April:
-make sure your test is green
-make sure your module works

Looking forward to hear from you

Ron

--
Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics

Re: Slicer modules for the upcoming 3.6 release

This link shows bugs that have been tagged for this release:

http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/search.php?project_id=1&sticky_issues=on&sortby=severity&dir=DESC&hide_status_id=90&tag_string=3.6+Targeted+fix