Slicer program quits

S. Janki

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to measure the volume of both kidneys using the Editor to mark the right kidney after which I use the Robust Statistics Segmenter to measure the volume.

However, once I press “Apply” the program shuts down by itself.

I already tried installing Slicer again.

Can you please help me out.

Sincerely yours,

Shiromani Janki

MD, PhD candidate

Department of Surgery

Erasmus MC

P.O. Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, Roomnumber Z-836

Visiting address: s-Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, room Z-838

[hidden email] | T +3110 703 28 48 | M +316 252 047 70 | F +3110 703 34 32

www.erasmusmc.nl

Re: Slicer program quits

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Hi,

have you tried grow cut? It is in the editor module and might do the
job. You can then use the label statistics module to get the volume.
http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.3/Modules/LabelStatistics

http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.3/Training#Slicer4_Neurosurgical_Planning_Tutorial
gives an example on how to use grow cut for tumor segmentation.

Ron

On 11/5/14, 8:17 AM, S. Janki wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am trying to measure the volume of both kidneys using the Editor to
> mark the right kidney after which I use the Robust Statistics Segmenter
> to measure the volume.
>
> However, once I press “Apply” the program shuts down by itself.
>
> I already tried installing Slicer again.
>
> Can you please help me out.
>

> Sincerely yours,
>

> *Shiromani Janki*
>

> /MD, PhD candidate/
>

> Department of Surgery
>
> Erasmus MC
>

> P.O. Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, Roomnumber Z-836
>

> Visiting address: s-Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, room Z-838
>

> E [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> |
> T +3110 703 28 48 | M +316 252 047 70 | F +3110 703 34 32
>

> www.erasmusmc.nl <http://www.erasmusmc.nl/>

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis

Re: Slicer program quits

Gao, Yi
Hi Shiromani

I'll try to help out. Could I know the version of the Slicer? And the size of the image?

Best,
yi