Slicer.py error in CheckForVmtkLibrary

madanrao
Hello,

VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentationGUI.py has:

def CheckForVmtkLibrary(self):

        try:
            t = slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter()

        except Exception:

            d = slicer.vtkKWMessageDialog()
            d.SetParent(slicer.ApplicationGUI.GetMainSlicerWindow())
            d.SetMasterWindow(slicer.ApplicationGUI.GetMainSlicerWindow())
            d.SetStyleToMessage()
            d.SetText("VmtkSlicerModule not found! Please install the VmtkSlicerModule extension to use this module!")
            d.Create()
            d.Invoke()

            return 0

        return 1

slicer.py in ..lib\Slicer3\SlicerBaseGUI\Python does not refer to vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter().

Is there any work around?

Thanks.

AM Mohan Rao

Re: Slicer.py error in CheckForVmtkLibrary

Daniel Haehn
Hi,

if slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter() is not
available, the VMTK libraries are not available and the VMTK extensions
can not work.

Are you able to use the python console to instantiate
slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter() ?

Bye,
Daniel

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 20:03 +0530, Madan Rao wrote:

> Hello,
>
> VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentationGUI.py has:
>
> def CheckForVmtkLibrary(self):
>
>         try:
>             t = slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter()
>
>         except Exception:
>
>             d = slicer.vtkKWMessageDialog()
>             d.SetParent(slicer.ApplicationGUI.GetMainSlicerWindow())
>
> d.SetMasterWindow(slicer.ApplicationGUI.GetMainSlicerWindow())
>             d.SetStyleToMessage()
>             d.SetText("VmtkSlicerModule not found! Please install the
> VmtkSlicerModule extension to use this module!")
>             d.Create()
>             d.Invoke()
>
>             return 0
>
>         return 1
>
> slicer.py in ..lib\Slicer3\SlicerBaseGUI\Python does not refer to
> vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter().
>
> Is there any work around?
>
> Thanks.
>
> AM Mohan Rao

Re: Slicer.py error in CheckForVmtkLibrary

madanrao
Hello Daniel,

Thanks.
From Python console in Slicer if I
>>>import Slicer
>>>t = Slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter()

I get

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter'

Could you please tell me why I get this error and how to rectify?
The Python path seems to be OK: I get the error while I try running the VMTKEasyLevelSegmentation Module.

In the \bin I have these dlls and in  \lib\vmtk corresponding lib files.
They are also present in \lib\Slicer3\Modules folder

vtkvmtkCommon.dll
vtkvmtkCommonTCL.dll
vtkvmtkComputationalGeometry.dll
vtkvmtkComputationalGeometryTCL.dll
vtkvmtkDifferentialGeometry.dll
vtkvmtkDifferentialGeometryTCL.dll
vtkvmtkIO.dll
vtkvmtkIOTCL.dll
vtkvmtkITK.dll
vtkvmtkITKTCL.dll
vtkvmtkMisc.dll
vtkvmtkMiscTCL.dll
vtkvmtkSegmentation.dll
vtkvmtkSegmentationTCL.dll

AM Mohan Rao

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Daniel Haehn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

if slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter() is not
available, the VMTK libraries are not available and the VMTK extensions
can not work.

Are you able to use the python console to instantiate
slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter() ?

Bye,
Daniel

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 20:03 +0530, Madan Rao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentationGUI.py has:
>
> def CheckForVmtkLibrary(self):
>
>         try:
>             t = slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter()
>
>         except Exception:
>
>             d = slicer.vtkKWMessageDialog()
>             d.SetParent(slicer.ApplicationGUI.GetMainSlicerWindow())
>
> d.SetMasterWindow(slicer.ApplicationGUI.GetMainSlicerWindow())
>             d.SetStyleToMessage()
>             d.SetText("VmtkSlicerModule not found! Please install the
> VmtkSlicerModule extension to use this module!")
>             d.Create()
>             d.Invoke()
>
>             return 0
>
>         return 1
>
> slicer.py in ..lib\Slicer3\SlicerBaseGUI\Python does not refer to
> vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter().
>
> Is there any work around?
>
> Thanks.
>
> AM Mohan Rao

Re: Slicer.py error in CheckForVmtkLibrary

Daniel Haehn
Hi Mohan,

the call in the Python console should be:

from Slicer import slicer
t = slicer.vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter()

The .dll-files look fine. Is there also a VmtkSlicerModule.* file?

Please also try to launch Slicer like this:
./Slicer --launch xterm

and then check the library path environment variable by typing:
env

It should include the path to the .dll files.

Let's go from there.

Daniel

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 15:14 +0530, Madan Rao wrote:

> [...]
>         >
>         > slicer.py in ..lib\Slicer3\SlicerBaseGUI\Python does not
>         refer to
>         > vtkvmtkFastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter().
>         >
>         > Is there any work around?
>         >
>         > Thanks.
>         >
>         > AM Mohan Rao
>         >
>         >
>
>         > _______________________________________________
>         > slicer-users mailing list
>         > [hidden email]
>         >
>         http://massmail.spl.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/slicer-users
>         > To unsubscribe: send email to
>         [hidden email] with unsubscribe
>         as the subject

Re: Slicer.py error in CheckForVmtkLibrary

I added the VmtkSlicerModule.* files into the folders (sorry I forgot them!).

Now, the Python console commands, or running the VmtkEasyLevelSegmentation give:

Slicer3-real.exe crash with error:

ITKCommon.dll access voilation. Unhandled exception in Slicer3-real.exe.
 0xC0000005 error.

Why is this error coming?

My slicer3 installation in cygwin does not support python (see Andriy's suggestion in the installation notes).

However, I could build the vmtk libraries in cygwin (which I am using in Slicer3 3.5.2009-01-07).

AM Mohan Rao