Specify axis of rotation in screen capture?

Specify axis of rotation in screen capture?

Hollister Herhold

Does anyone know of a way to specify the axis of rotation when doing a 3D rotation screen capture? There’s an option for rotation range, but not one to specify the axis of rotation - at least not in the screen capture module/widget. (Using 4.7 nightly, built March 22, MacOS.)

Thanks in advance!

-Hollister

Re: Specify axis of rotation in screen capture?

Andras Lasso-2
I've added an option to change rotation axis. Will be available in tomorrow's nightly build.

Does anyone know of a way to specify the axis of rotation when doing a 3D rotation screen capture? There's an option for rotation range, but not one to specify the axis of rotation - at least not in the screen capture module/widget. (Using 4.7 nightly, built March 22, MacOS.)

Thanks in advance!

-Hollister

Re: Specify axis of rotation in screen capture?

Hollister Herhold
Wow, great! Thank you very much!

I was also wondering if there was a way in the endoscopy module to add a “look at” point. Right now, I think the camera view axis is along the line specified by the fiducials. If there was a “look at” point, you could effectively do a fly-around (rather than a “fly through”). Do you know if there’s a way to do this?

Thanks again!!

-Hollister

> On Mar 23, 2017, at 4:49 PM, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've added an option to change rotation axis. Will be available in tomorrow's nightly build.
>
> Andras

You can use Sequence browser module (in Sequences extension) to record camera motion (as you move it with your mouse). To create a video of a sequence, choose "sequence" animation mode in ScreenCapture module.