Startup crash when building with VS2012 express in Debug

Startup crash when building with VS2012 express in Debug

Julien Finet
Hi,

I have successfully built Slicer with:
 * VS2012 Express
 * debug mode
 * 64bits
 * Qt 4.7.4 in Debug&Release
(according to the build instructions, I disabled NUMPY and SimpleITK)

However, when try to start Slicer, it crashes when it attempts to release some Qt data within PythonQtPrivate::setupSharedLibrarySuffixes()

  QtCored4.dll!QVariant::~QVariant() Line 1409 C++
  PythonQt.dll!PythonQtPrivate::setupSharedLibrarySuffixes() Line 1192 C++
  PythonQt.dll!PythonQt::init(int flags, const QByteArray & pythonQtModuleName) Line 77 C++
  CTKScriptingPythonCore.dll!ctkAbstractPythonManager::initPythonQt(int flags) Line 138 C++
  CTKScriptingPythonCore.dll!ctkAbstractPythonManager::initialize() Line 119 C++
  CTKScriptingPythonCore.dll!ctkAbstractPythonManager::mainContext() Line 125 C++
  qSlicerBaseQTCore.dll!qSlicerCoreApplicationPrivate::init() Line 274 C++
  qSlicerBaseQTGUI.dll!qSlicerApplicationPrivate::init() Line 177 C++
  qSlicerBaseQTGUI.dll!qSlicerApplication::qSlicerApplication(int & _argc, char * * _argv) Line 310 C++

I guess the problem comes from Python that is compiled in Release mode.
Is it wrong to say that if I want a debug build with python, I need to compile Slicer with VS2008 ?

Thanks,
Julien.

Re: Startup crash when building with VS2012 express in Debug

Andras Lasso-2

I’ve built and run Slicer with VS2012 Professional in Debug mode without any problems.

It may be a problem if Qt was not built using the same VS version (Pro/Express might make a difference, too).

Andras

Re: Startup crash when building with VS2012 express in Debug

Julien Finet
Thanks Andras, that was it.

I built Qt with my visual studio and I no longer have the crash.

Julien.