Transform Rotation

Strugari, Matthew SCA
Transform Rotation

Hi all,

I am trying to apply a rotation to a MRI brain scan but I cannot properly enter the correct rotation in degrees. I would like to enter -19.64 degrees but as soon as I enter an decimal values, all values in the rotation display reset to 0.00 degrees. However, the image does not align to the identity matrix when the value display resets to 0.00 degrees. I am not convinced that the image actually rotates to -19.64 degrees. Is there something that I am not doing correctly or is there some kind of bug? This is in the most recent nightly build.

Thanks.
Matthew

Re: Transform Rotation

Dominik Meier
Hi Matthew

Yes the behavior of the rotation component is not as intuitive as the translation, reason being because rotation cannot be combined as translations in any order, so the default behavior is to reset to 0, but the rotation is still applied. Makes it difficult to keep track of rotations. To get familiar with this behavior, I recommend to apply a known amount that you can verify visually and make sure the rotation pivot (image origin) is what you expect.

-- Dominik