Trouble in using Q3DC module

O'Callaghan, Paul 2

Dear Slicer users

I keep experiencing a problem.

I have input MRI data and successfully set up a 3D model. I am interested in taking measurements of a single vertebrae and have isolated a single vertebrae by cropping and containing it within the ROI from the Volume Rendering module.

However, when I try to use the Q3DC module and try to Add Landmarks, I keep getting a ‘No Model Selected’ Error Message. Could somebody please let me know where I am going wrong. I’ve pasted a screenshot of the Q3DC module. I think 3D Slicer is an excellent package.

Many thanks

Paul O’Callaghan.

Copyright in this email and in any attachments belongs to London South Bank University. This email, and its attachments if any, may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended to be seen only by the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note the following: (1) You should take immediate action to notify the sender and delete the original email and all copies from your computer systems; (2) You should not read copy or use the contents of the email nor disclose it or its existence to anyone else. The views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and should not be taken as those of London South Bank University, unless this is specifically stated. London South Bank University is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. The following details apply to London South Bank University: Company number - 00986761; Registered office and trading address - 103 Borough Road London SE1 0AA; VAT number - 778 1116 17 Email address - [hidden email]

Re: Trouble in using Q3DC module

Murat Maga

Dear Paul,

If your goal is to simply place landmarks on your vertebra, then you don’t need the C3DC module. Just use the Markups module and the fiducial tool. However, you need to be careful collecting landmarks form a volume renderer surface, it gets a bit tricky.

I haven’t used the Q3DC module myself, but the error message implies that you need a 3D model. For that you need to threshold tool in editor and use the model maker module to convert the labelmap to 3D model. You can also use the new segment editor.

Re: Trouble in using Q3DC module

Andras Lasso-2

Paul, what would you like to measure: Distances between points, volume, surface area, distance from another surface, …?

Andras

If your goal is to simply place landmarks on your vertebra, then you don’t need the C3DC module. Just use the Markups module and the fiducial tool. However, you need to be careful collecting landmarks form a volume renderer surface, it gets a bit tricky.

I haven’t used the Q3DC module myself, but the error message implies that you need a 3D model. For that you need to threshold tool in editor and use the model maker module to convert the labelmap to 3D model. You can also use the new segment editor.

Re: Trouble in using Q3DC module

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Hi just to expand on this: In Volume renderings, fiducials get positioned on the view ray, when opacity hits 50% in volume rendering. Easiest is to use a transfer function that has a vertical line separating 0 opacity from fully opaque.

Ron

> On Nov 25, 2016, at 3:36 AM, Murat Maga <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Paul,
>
> If your goal is to simply place landmarks on your vertebra, then you don’t need the C3DC module. Just use the Markups module and the fiducial tool. However, you need to be careful collecting landmarks form a volume renderer surface, it gets a bit tricky.
>
> I haven’t used the Q3DC module myself, but the error message implies that you need a 3D model. For that you need to threshold tool in editor and use the model maker module to convert the labelmap to 3D model. You can also use the new segment editor.

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis