US-MRI registratoin

Sam Raby
Hi,
Is there a tutorial that walks through how to register pre-operative MRI to [real-time] ultrasound images in Slicer?
thanks
-S

Re: US-MRI registratoin

Tamas Ungi-2

Hi Sam,

I'm preparing similar tutorials on this website: http://www.slicerigt.org/wp/user-tutorial/

Go to "Browse tutorial presentations" link. That is the latest state of the tutorials.

I haven't prepared a tutorial specifically for MRI-US registration. But if you do the existing tutorials, you can almost figure it out already. Still, it could be useful for others if we added a specific tutorial. If you have a dataset that you are willing to share (phantom is good too), I'm happy to prepare the tutorial.

Cheers,

Tamas

Is there a tutorial that walks through how to register pre-operative MRI to [real-time] ultrasound images in Slicer?

thanks

-S

Re: US-MRI registratoin

Tamas Ungi-2

Now that I gave it another thought, there are some conditions.

SlicerIGT deals with tracked ultrasound. Do you have a position tracker attached to your ultrasound probe?

Tamas

Is there a tutorial that walks through how to register pre-operative MRI to [real-time] ultrasound images in Slicer?

thanks

-S

Re: US-MRI registratoin

Andras Lasso-2

If you reconstruct a 3D ultrasound volume of the prostate and segment both this volume and the MRI then you may try the Slicer-based method described in this abstract:

”Towards Open Source Infrastructure for Joint MRI/TRUS Guided Prostate Interventions” (http://www.ncigt.org/publications/item/view/2334).

Andras

Now that I gave it another thought, there are some conditions.

SlicerIGT deals with tracked ultrasound. Do you have a position tracker attached to your ultrasound probe?

Tamas

Is there a tutorial that walks through how to register pre-operative MRI to [real-time] ultrasound images in Slicer?

thanks

-S

Re: US-MRI registratoin

arumiat
Hi Andras

Trying to download a latest stable release of the PLUS toolkit but it's showing page not found. Do you know the best person to contact re this?

Re: US-MRI registratoin

Andras Lasso-2
Plus nightly package files are available now.

The packages are rebuilt daily. Probably you've visited the download page while the new version was being uploaded.