Using EM Segmentation module

John Fredy
Hello All, I am trying to understand the EMsegmentation module but I have a great doubt, in all the tutorials are a brain atlases and a couple of studies: T1-weigthed and T2-weigthed. How I can use the module against a T1-weighted alone study? Thanks in advance

John Ochoa

Re: Using EM Segmentation module

Sylvain Jaume-2
Hello John,

You can load only the T1 image and follow the same logic as in the
tutorial skipping the steps relative to the second image.

Regards,
Sylvain

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:33 PM, John Fredy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All, I am trying to understand the EMsegmentation module but I have a
> great doubt, in all the tutorials are a brain atlases and a couple of
> studies: T1-weigthed and T2-weigthed. How I can use the module against a
> T1-weighted alone study? Thanks in advance
> John Ochoa

Re: Using EM Segmentation module

Dominik Meier
Hi John

Sylvain is correct. However keep in mind that many (albeit not all)
benefits of the EM concept are coming from multiple contrasts and
incorporation of atlas priors. If your segmentation target in the T1
is pathology only, then you will not get much benefit from the atlas
either.

Best,
Dominik