Visible activity/inactivity of parameters

Visible activity/inactivity of parameters

Eric Larson
Hi all,
   I have some feedback that I thought you might be interested in:  In the LANDWARP extension module, the activity of various parameters depends prior choices (In this case specifically it is the radial basis function choice which determines the activity of parameters such as radius and regularization), however, there is nothing to indicate that certain parameters are active, so the user assumes that all are active under all circumstances.  I don't if this is the case for other more commonly-used modules.  It might help the user better understand what they are doing if certain parameters were made visibly inactive whenever they are computationally inactive.
    Thanks for all your work,
        -Eric

Re: Visible activity/inactivity of parameters

Sharp, Gregory C.
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback.  This is a limitation common to all "command line modules"
in Slicer.  They work as kind of a batch program, and are capable of only limited interaction.

For LANDWARP, we probably should rewrite as a loadable module, which allows for a richer
user interaction.  But currently we have no timeline for this.

Greg