Volume rendering error

Yichen He
Dear slicer users

There is one problem when I am trying to make surface models from Micro-CT scan of birds.

I loaded sequence of .png and .jpg images into the Slicer. The images in the 3 slices window looked normal. But when I tried volume rendering, the 3D volume looked like a black cube which was showed below (I try to adjust the parameters, but it did not work). In addition, this volume was not in the input option of the Greyscale model maker.

The 3D volumes looked normal by load the tiff images or large increments among the sequence in png and jpg images. And surface model can be generated.

Thank you all for reading and answering my questions.

Best regards
Yichen He

Re: Volume rendering error

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Yichen -

Color png or jpeg images will load as Vector Volumes in slicer (that is, with rgb pixels) but most modules expect Scalar Volumes.  You can use the VectorToScalarVolume module [1] to convert and then use the result.

HTH,
Steve