asking for your technical help with Slicer 答复: enquiry about the importing 3D model into Solidworks and ANSYS

asking for your technical help with Slicer 答复: enquiry about the importing 3D model into Solidworks and ANSYS

Linjie Wang

Hi, dear experts

Do you know how can I get a solid body from 3D slicer? By far I could only get a stl file which is actually graphic file. My goal is to obtain a solid Finite Element model in ANSYS. My current plan is to get a solid or surface body in SolidWorks first and then export the model in igs format which is recognizable by ANSYS. However, the plan doesnt seem well due to the model format exported from 3D slicer. Could you please help share your idea how to export a slicer model which is solid or surface instead of graph?

Many thanks,

Linjie

Linjie Wang

PhD student