cbct images

Moiz Qureshi
Hi all,

I have cbct scan images of both sets of teeth - dicom files. The files opened in a dicom viewer show up both images for both arches but when i import the files into slicer then only the upper set of teeth show up! I have no idea why but I really need them both. Please help!

Many thanks

Moiz Qureshi

Re: cbct images

Csaba Pinter-2

Is it one DICOM series or more? It is possible that the upper and lower set are two different series, and Slicer only shows the last loaded one after you load them all. You can show/hide volumes using the slice view controls (small button in the colored bars above the 2D viewers), or in the subject hierarchy module.

Sorry if this suggestion is too basic, but let’s start from square one.

csaba

I have cbct scan images of both sets of teeth - dicom files. The files opened in a dicom viewer show up both images for both arches but when i import the files into slicer then only the upper set of teeth show up! I have no idea why but I really need them both. Please help!

Many thanks

Moiz Qureshi

Re: cbct images

We need more information: screenshots (make sure no patient info is visible), description of what you’ve tried to do, etc. Maybe you just have to zoom out the slice viewer.

Andras

I have cbct scan images of both sets of teeth - dicom files. The files opened in a dicom viewer show up both images for both arches but when i import the files into slicer then only the upper set of teeth show up! I have no idea why but I really need them both. Please help!

Many thanks

Moiz Qureshi

Re: cbct images

Moiz Qureshi
Thank you Csaba and Andras,

Csaba - that was indeed helpful! There seems to be 4 series, do I just have to select the best series for the job? (I am creating a dental splint) It seems that series 2 and 3 have the full arches and series 0 and 1 only have half? Is there any way to combine them all for a sharper image/show all volumes at the same time? sorry for my poor knowledge.

Andras - Here are the screenshots, I have tried to increase the ROI in the series with only 1 arch showing.

I should be ok from here, just using one of the series. Thank you very much both, please let me know if you have any more ideas
Many thanks

Moiz

On 7 April 2017 at 19:49, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:

We need more information: screenshots (make sure no patient info is visible), description of what you’ve tried to do, etc. Maybe you just have to zoom out the slice viewer.

Andras

I have cbct scan images of both sets of teeth - dicom files. The files opened in a dicom viewer show up both images for both arches but when i import the files into slicer then only the upper set of teeth show up! I have no idea why but I really need them both. Please help!

Many thanks

Moiz Qureshi

0.png (698K) Download Attachment
1.png (698K) Download Attachment