converting nifit/nrrd/mhd file to DICOM

Sam Raby
Hello,

Would you let me know if I can open a nifit/nrrd/mhd file with Slicer and then save it as DICOM files?

Thanks
-S

Re: converting nifit/nrrd/mhd file to DICOM

Tamas Ungi-2

I think we ran into this issue a few days ago. You can do it with the stable release, but not with the nightly. Developers, maybe something is broken in the nightly build?

Tamas

Would you let me know if I can open a nifit/nrrd/mhd file with Slicer and then save it as DICOM files?

Thanks

-S

Re: converting nifit/nrrd/mhd file to DICOM

Sam Raby
Thanks Tamas.
Assuming that one uses the stable release, would you elaborate a little bit which options should I use in order to "save as" DICOM?

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:01 PM, Tamas Ungi <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think we ran into this issue a few days ago. You can do it with the stable release, but not with the nightly. Developers, maybe something is broken in the nightly build?

Tamas

Would you let me know if I can open a nifit/nrrd/mhd file with Slicer and then save it as DICOM files?

Thanks

-S

Re: converting nifit/nrrd/mhd file to DICOM

Tamas Ungi-2

Have you tried the "Create a DICOM series" module?

Would you let me know if I can open a nifit/nrrd/mhd file with Slicer and then save it as DICOM files?

Thanks

-S

Re: converting nifit/nrrd/mhd file to DICOM

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Tamas -

Is there a bug report about creating dicom with the nightly?

-Steve

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Tamas Ungi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Have you tried the "Create a DICOM series" module?

Would you let me know if I can open a nifit/nrrd/mhd file with Slicer and then save it as DICOM files?

Thanks

-S

Re: converting nifit/nrrd/mhd file to DICOM

Andras Lasso-2
"Export to study" (in the context menu) is always disabled in the DICOM browser in the nightly build.

Andras

Would you let me know if I can open a nifit/nrrd/mhd file with Slicer and then save it as DICOM files?

Thanks

-S

Re: converting nifit/nrrd/mhd file to DICOM

Steve Pieper-2
Yes.  Okay - to clarify then, Create a DICOM Series module [1] is working in the nightly and the release.  But with this you need to fill in some fields manually to create 'more valid' dicom (it's still not technically valid for many reasons, but typically works for many use cases).

In the release, there is an option to export a volume into an existing study, so that many of the fields are filled in using information from the study.  This is a nice convenience but is unhooked from the current version in the nightly builds, but there's an effort underway to re-enable all the older features inside the newer interface [2, 3].  Longer term we hope to be creating dicom objects that are actually valid.

-Steve

[2] http://na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=3163

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
"Export to study" (in the context menu) is always disabled in the DICOM browser in the nightly build.

Andras

Would you let me know if I can open a nifit/nrrd/mhd file with Slicer and then save it as DICOM files?

Thanks

-S

Re: converting nifit/nrrd/mhd file to DICOM

Tamas Ungi-2

Thank you for the clarification, Steve.

Tamas