copying label outlines between slices

David Neustader

I am currently working on a project that requires manual segmentation of very complex anatomy into many different organs over about 100 slices.

None of the automatic segmentation algorithms work, because the organs are not clearly distinguishable by gray level and the image quality is poor.

It would be extremely convenient for me if I could copy the organ outlines from one slice to the next to form the basis, and then simply modify where necessary on each slice rather than starting from scratch on each slice.

Is there any way to copy a region label that has been defined on one slice onto another slice?

Thanks,

David Neustadter

Re: copying label outlines between slices

Steve Pieper
Hi David -

No, we don't have a feature like that, but I can see how it would be useful and we'll keep an eye out for a chance to integrate this kind of functionality.

Could you add a feature request so the idea is tracked?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:20 AM, David Neustader <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am currently working on a project that requires manual segmentation of very complex anatomy into many different organs over about 100 slices.

None of the automatic segmentation algorithms work, because the organs are not clearly distinguishable by gray level and the image quality is poor.

It would be extremely convenient for me if I could copy the organ outlines from one slice to the next to form the basis, and then simply modify where necessary on each slice rather than starting from scratch on each slice.

Is there any way to copy a region label that has been defined on one slice onto another slice?

Thanks,

David Neustadter

Re: copying label outlines between slices

Sharp, Gregory C.
Hi David,

My understanding is that there is no way to do this.
Here is a possible workaround, which is sufficient for many contouring tasks.

(1) Contour every other slice
(2) Dilate
(3) Erode

-Greg