deformable transformation of polydata

schwarzd
Dear all,

I would like to change positions of points in my VTK PolyData file according to a deformable transformation computed in the Slicer 4.1.0 (BRAINS-Slicer Bspline transformation). Is there a way how to do it in the Slicer or do I have to do it in Matlab (which is possible but somehow laborious...)? Thank your for your help.

Daniel

Re: deformable transformation of polydata

Aucoin, Nicole
Hello,

You can apply a linear transformation to a model that contains VTK
polydata (in the Data module, right click on a model that's in a
transform hierarchy and select "Harden Transform"), but we don't yet
have a module that will apply Bspline transformations to models. This is
the second request for it in recent months, I've to created a Mantis
feature request so that it gets tracked:
http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=1913

Nicole

On 04/17/2012 09:50 AM, schwarzd wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to change positions of points in my VTK PolyData file according
> to a deformable transformation computed in the Slicer 4.1.0 (BRAINS-Slicer
> Bspline transformation). Is there a way how to do it in the Slicer or do I
> have to do it in Matlab (which is possible but somehow laborious...)? Thank
> your for your help.
>
> Daniel

Re: deformable transformation of polydata

Julien Finet
Hi Daniel,

Have you tried to apply the transform node to your model node ?
This can be done in the Transforms module in the Transformed nodes section:

Julien.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM, schwarzd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

I would like to change positions of points in my VTK PolyData file according
to a deformable transformation computed in the Slicer 4.1.0 (BRAINS-Slicer
Bspline transformation). Is there a way how to do it in the Slicer or do I
have to do it in Matlab (which is possible but somehow laborious...)? Thank
your for your help.

Daniel

Re: deformable transformation of polydata

schwarzd
Hi Julien, thanks for the reply, but the Transforms module seems to be suitable only for linear transformations, whereas I need to move the points according to my Bspline transformation.

Daniel

Re: deformable transformation of polydata

Julien Finet
Nicole/Daniel,

In the Data module, it is possible to drag&drop a Model node into a BSpline node.
It doesn't work ?

Julien.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Nicole Aucoin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

You can apply a linear transformation to a model that contains VTK
polydata (in the Data module, right click on a model that's in a
transform hierarchy and select "Harden Transform"), but we don't yet
have a module that will apply Bspline transformations to models. This is
the second request for it in recent months, I've to created a Mantis
feature request so that it gets tracked:
http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=1913

Nicole

On 04/17/2012 09:50 AM, schwarzd wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to change positions of points in my VTK PolyData file according
> to a deformable transformation computed in the Slicer 4.1.0 (BRAINS-Slicer
> Bspline transformation). Is there a way how to do it in the Slicer or do I
> have to do it in Matlab (which is possible but somehow laborious...)? Thank
> your for your help.
>
> Daniel

saving fiducials

Murat Maga

Hi all,

How can I save all the fiducials in a fiducial list as a single csv file? In the annotation view it list my fiducials under the hierarchy “Fiducial List 1”. But then when I go to Data, they are listed individually at the root of the Scene, not nested under the “Fiducial List 1”. It forces me to save the points one by one, but I want them to save in a single file.

I am using 4.1.0-rc2-2012-03-28 under Windows 7 64 bit.

Best,

Murat

Re: saving fiducials

Aucoin, Nicole
Hello,

It's not possible in 4.1, but I'm working on adding that for the next
release, it should be available in the nightly builds by the end of June.

Nicole