dual 3d view questions

Attila Nagy
Hi all,

the dual 3d view is great, I just love it! :)

Is it possible somehow that on one view we spin the scene, and in the other one we rock that? Or can I select which view to spin? At present (I have a ~3 weeks old checkout) I can't select it, both operations default to the left view.

I just did a measurement, and the ruler (and the distance) can only be seen in the left view. Is this maybe related to the above issue? (issue? or is that so by design?)

Or do I miss a setting?

thanks,
Attila

Re: dual 3d view questions

Hi Attila -

Yes, there are some limitations on the current implementation - much of
the existing code assumes a single main viewer.  But it is still kind of
useful for some things so we decided to include it in the release.
Generalizing this is on the list for Slicer4.

I added a quick note here:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Modules:MainApplicationGUI-Documentation-3.6#Notes_about_Multiple_3D_Views

-Steve

On Jun/7/10 9:18 AM, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the dual 3d view is great, I just love it! :)
>
> Is it possible somehow that on one view we spin the scene, and in the other one we rock that? Or can I select which view to spin? At present (I have a ~3 weeks old checkout) I can't select it, both operations default to the left view.
>
> I just did a measurement, and the ruler (and the distance) can only be seen in the left view. Is this maybe related to the above issue? (issue? or is that so by design?)
>
> Or do I miss a setting?
>
> thanks,
> Attila

Re: dual 3d view questions

Aucoin, Nicole
Hi Attila,

The dual 3D view is still evolving, many of the view buttons only work
on the default view (left window).
I recently added support for fiducials in both views for Slicer 3.6, but
the ruler hasn't been updated as the Measurement module widgets are
being ported to the  miAnnotation module in Qt for Slicer 4.

Nicole

Attila Nagy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the dual 3d view is great, I just love it! :)
>
> Is it possible somehow that on one view we spin the scene, and in the other one we rock that? Or can I select which view to spin? At present (I have a ~3 weeks old checkout) I can't select it, both operations default to the left view.
>
> I just did a measurement, and the ruler (and the distance) can only be seen in the left view. Is this maybe related to the above issue? (issue? or is that so by design?)
>
> Or do I miss a setting?
>
> thanks,
> Attila

Re: dual 3d view questions

Attila Nagy
Nivole, Steve,

these are realy minor problems, compared to the usefulness this option adds :)

Thanks for the info!