error loading patched Philips 3D ultrasound files?

error loading patched Philips 3D ultrasound files?

Bauch Md, Terry D.

I’m using slicer, with the slicer heart and Philips 3D Us extension, to try and segment 3D cardiac ultrasound data.

I export the Philips Cartesian dicom file from Q-lab version 10.3, patch this dicom file with Slicer, but only see part of the data after the patched volume is then loaded in slicer.

I’m looking at a pyramidal volume about 6cm deep, and maximum 4x7cm wide, cine (multiframe) with 27 frames.

Slicer only displays the first 2.5cm deep into the volume, and only one of the 27 frames; the sequence browser tool has play button greyed out…

Does anyone have suggestions?
I can make the dicom file available for d-load.

Thanks!

Terry D Bauch MD
Program Director, Cardiology Fellowship
Geisinger Heart and Vascular Institute
Phone (570)-808-5995

IMPORTANT WARNING

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you. Geisinger Health System utilizes an encryption process to safeguard Protected Health Information and other confidential data contained in external e-mail messages. If email is encrypted, the recipient will receive an e-mail instructing them to sign on to the Geisinger Health System Secure E-mail Message Center to retrieve the encrypted e-mail.

Re: error loading patched Philips 3D ultrasound files?

Andras Lasso-2

Select a sequence browser node on the toolbar (to the right from the playback controls) to enable playback controls.

To see more from the volume use the sliders at the top of the slice viewers.

If you still have trouble visualizing your data then send a link to anonymized or phantom data set so that we can double-check that conversion and loading is correct.

Andras

Re: error loading patched Philips 3D ultrasound files?

Andras Lasso-2
IMPORTANT WARNING

After receiving a sample file, it turned out that problem was that the DICOM file was loaded using “Add data” dialog (that uses standard ITK DICOM loader, which only supports basic DICOM image types).

To load DICOM images to Slicer, drag-and-drop the folder that contains the DICOM file and choose “Load directory into DICOM database” to import. To load the image into Slicer, choose the image in the DICOM browser and click “Load” button. There is a small bug in the DICOM loader for cardiac 4D US files, which causes a popup window to remain on the screen after loading is completed – just click the cancel button in the popup to hide it.

The Philips DICOM patcher module also have the option of saving the 4D US file as a single nrrd file. Those files can be simply loaded into Slicer directly through the “Add data” dialog (without going through DICOM import and loading). We’ve found these nrrd files more convenient to use than DICOM files.

Andras