extracting .stl format from slicer

Mohamed Atef
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: extracting .stl format from slicer

Ricardo Jorge
Hi Mohamed:

If you have a LabelMap Volume, then you can generate surfaces using the Model Maker module (in Surface Models section).

In there, just input your labelmap volume, create a model hierarchy, change whatever you need and then Apply. Slicer will generate the surfaces, which can be exported to STL using Save files (and change from *.VTK to *.STL).

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Mohamed Atef <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry i want to know how to extract model or files from slicer in .stl format?

Re: extracting .stl format from slicer

arumiat
What stage are you at of the workflow Mohamed? Have you created a labelmap in the Editor? Have you used ModelMaker module yet?

------------------------------------
V A L A design
+ 4 4 (0) 2 0 3 6 3 7 0 0 6 2
IVALA LTD.   REG NO.7931234

On 2 June 2016 at 15:32, Ricardo Jorge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mohamed:

If you have a LabelMap Volume, then you can generate surfaces using the Model Maker module (in Surface Models section).

In there, just input your labelmap volume, create a model hierarchy, change whatever you need and then Apply. Slicer will generate the surfaces, which can be exported to STL using Save files (and change from *.VTK to *.STL).

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Mohamed Atef <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry i want to know how to extract model or files from slicer in .stl format?

Re: extracting .stl format from slicer

Christian Seberino
I found this worked for me.  I had to see it spelled out like I'm 10 years old in a video......

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 4:58 AM, Taimur Alavi <[hidden email]> wrote:
What stage are you at of the workflow Mohamed? Have you created a labelmap in the Editor? Have you used ModelMaker module yet?

------------------------------------
V A L A design
+ 4 4 (0) 2 0 3 6 3 7 0 0 6 2
IVALA LTD.   REG NO.7931234

On 2 June 2016 at 15:32, Ricardo Jorge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mohamed:

If you have a LabelMap Volume, then you can generate surfaces using the Model Maker module (in Surface Models section).

In there, just input your labelmap volume, create a model hierarchy, change whatever you need and then Apply. Slicer will generate the surfaces, which can be exported to STL using Save files (and change from *.VTK to *.STL).

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Mohamed Atef <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry i want to know how to extract model or files from slicer in .stl format?

_______________________________________

Christian Seberino, Ph.D.
Phone: (936) 828-8747
Email: [hidden email]

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: extracting .stl format from slicer

arumiat
Have you achieved what you were wanting to Mohamed?

------------------------------------
V A L A design
+ 4 4 (0) 2 0 3 6 3 7 0 0 6 2
IVALA LTD.   REG NO.7931234

On 14 June 2016 at 09:10, Mohamed Atef <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah i understand your point, Ricardo. I think i'll definitely need the smoothing process.As you can see the attached file below the model doesn't help much.
yes, Taimur. I created the model but i'm not sure of the module itself as i don't know much about type of materials i should use.
And thanks Christian for the video!

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Christian Seberino <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Phone: <a href="tel:%28936%29%20828-8747" value="&#43;19368288747" target="_blank">(936) 828-8747
Email: [hidden email]