help with editor functions

Davide Pasini
Hi all,
I need to substract a segmented volume to another volume (CT volume).
I make the segmented volume using the "editor" functions and labels but I
don't know how proceed now for the subtraction.

Thanks for your help

bye

Davide

Re: help with editor functions

Aucoin, Nicole
Hello Davide,

Under the Modules drop down menu, in the Filtering category, there's an
Arithmetic category, and there is a SubtractImages module there that you
can use.

Nicole

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
> I need to substract a segmented volume to another volume (CT volume).
> I make the segmented volume using the "editor" functions and labels but I
> don't know how proceed now for the subtraction.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> bye
>
> Davide

Re: help with editor functions

swallace
Hi Davide,

After you have created a label map, you will need to click on the 'Model
Maker' button to start making your model:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Modules:Editor-Documentation#Modelmaker

Once you're in the Model Maker module, you can set the proper parameters
for the model you would like to make. Since you are working with CT data,
you may find playing around with the default settings will optimize your
model.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you run into any issues--

Stuart

> Hi all,
> I need to substract a segmented volume to another volume (CT volume).
> I make the segmented volume using the "editor" functions and labels but I
> don't know how proceed now for the subtraction.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> bye
>
> Davide

> subject

Re: help with editor functions

Hi Davide -

You might try the arithmetic modules (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
to make a new volume from your ct and a label map.  Eg. segment the part
of the CT you want to save with label 1 (the rest 0) and multiply it by
the CT to get a new volume with only the segmented part.

HTH,
-Steve