how to create oblique slice through volume with specified normal

how to create oblique slice through volume with specified normal

Dear Slicer-Users,

i have a given volume data set and would like to create oblique slices
through that volume.  What I'd like to do is: use a specific normal
vector as input and get a slice oriented to that normal vector.
I tried to use the Resample-Modul, but i cannot input a whole x,y,z
vector, as the x,y,z parameters interactively change when i set one of
them to another value.

Any advise how i could create slices with a predetermined normal-vector?

Thanks,

  Bena

Re: how to create oblique slice through volume with specified normal

Julien Finet
Are you talking about the Reformat module ?
What slicer version are you using ? Interaction has been a bit improved in version r20967 (http://na-mic.org/Mantis/view.php?id=2463
Julien.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM, b.lemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Slicer-Users,

i have a given volume data set and would like to create oblique slices
through that volume.  What I'd like to do is: use a specific normal
vector as input and get a slice oriented to that normal vector.
I tried to use the Resample-Modul, but i cannot input a whole x,y,z
vector, as the x,y,z parameters interactively change when i set one of
them to another value.

Any advise how i could create slices with a predetermined normal-vector?

Thanks,

  Bena

Re: how to create oblique slice through volume with specified normal

Julien Finet
You can't just update a module, but you can download a "nightly" package:

Try to download a nightly with a revision higher than r21095

Julien.
p.s. please try to keep the discussion on the slicer user mailing list.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:55 PM, b.lemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry for the mistake, yes, i meant the Reformat module.
Is there a way to update the module to version r20967? Currently i am using slicer 4.1.1

Thanks a lot!

HiOn 10/02/2012 10:13 PM, Julien Finet wrote:
[...]

I downloaded a nightly and i think i can set the parameters to the desired values now.
Is there an extensive documentation on how the reformat  module works except this one:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.1/Modules/Reformat

Bena

On 10/04/2012 02:28 AM, Julien Finet wrote:
[...]

To my knowledge there isn't.
But based on your questions, we can improve the documentation (-> faq).
What are you trying to achieve and you don't know how to do it?
J.

Thanks,