Erika Chin
Hi,

When I try to load 4D CT data using the 4D Image module, all the files fail with the following message:

WARNING: In ..\..\..\Insight\Code\IO\itkGDCMImageIO.cxx, line 348
GDCMImageIO (1422BAB8): The DICOM file: C:/Users/Erika/Academic/4D CT Netherlands/test4DCT_heart/CT000076.dcm does not have a preamble.

Any ideas?

thanks

Erika

Re: loading 4D CT data in Slicer

Sharp, Gregory C.
Hi Erika,

Could you try using the volume loader instead of 4D image module?

File -> Load Volume

Then navigate to the directory with the files, and click "Parse Directory".
Hopefully your image volumes will show up in a tree list.

Greg

Re: loading 4D CT data in Slicer

Junichi Tokuda
Sorry, I forgot to include the ML's address, when I replied. -Junichi

----

Dear Erika,

We usually have that warning, even when images are loaded correctly.
Could you check the followings?

 - Image position: Please try clicking the "Fit Image button" (The second left icon in the "Manipulate Slice Views" frame,
   which is located in the bottom left area of the Slicer window. See the attached image.)
 - Window / Level: Sometimes the module cannot adjust window/level properly.
   You can adjust them by moving the mouse cursor vertically and horizontally on the 2D image viewers
    while you pressing the left button.
 - Slice position: The Slicer might show a slice that does not show anything. Please ply sliding the scroll bar
    above the 2D image viewer.

Thanks,

Junichi

On Nov 29, 2011, at 10:50 AM, Sharp, Gregory C. wrote:

Hi Erika,

Could you try using the volume loader instead of 4D image module?

File -> Load Volume

Then navigate to the directory with the files, and click "Parse Directory".
Hopefully your image volumes will show up in a tree list.

Greg

Re: loading 4D CT data in Slicer

Erika Chin
Hi Greg,

Thanks, it works if I load each volume individually from Load Volume then switch to the 4D image module.  If I try to do it directly from the 4D image module, the progress bar stops at 99% and nothing gets loaded.