need help

Ahmed Shaibal
Hi

I am a new user. I just finished a tutorial on 3D data loading and visualization. In this tutorial a DICOM format volume is loaded. The volume size is 256-by-256-by-124. That means it has 124 sagittal slices each having resolution 256-by-256. and the coronal and axial slices should be 256-by-124.  But from the 2D view it looks like that axial and coronal slices also have resolution 256-by-256. Seems like slicer does some kind of interpolation to resize those two slices. can anyone tell me what is that exactly or refer to any documentation?

waiting for feedback.
regards.

Ahmed Mostayed
PhD Student
Intelligent Systems for Medicine Lab (ISML)
Dept of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling highway, Crawley-Perth, WA-6009
Tel. +61430911286 Email. [hidden email]

New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!

Re: need help

Sylvain Jaume-2
Hello Ahmed,

Could you check the volume dimensions under Modules > Volumes > Info ?
What index do you see in the upper left corner for each view?

In case you are confused about the inter-voxel interpolation for
rendering, you can uncheck the Interpolate checkbox under Modules >
Volumes > Display.

Regards,
Sylvain