problems with debian squeeze

stan-2
Hi All,

I've updated my debian system from lenny to squeeze, and now I get the
following error when lunching slicer

CHILDKILLED 18507 SIGSEGV {segmentation violation}

I use Slicer 3.6.1 stable version (2010/08/23) for 64 bits.

anybody has the same problem?

thanks,

stan

Re: problems with debian squeeze

Hi Stan -

Not sure what's up with that - I was able to run the 32 bit slicer 3.6.1
on a 32 bit debian squeeze machine with no problem.  Can you try that one?

Also, if you can get by with slicer 3.4 it should be available directly
in debian as:

  sudo apt-get install slicer

(which is pretty cool - thanks Dominique!)

-Steve

On Sep/6/10 6:39 AM, Estanislao Oubel wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've updated my debian system from lenny to squeeze, and now I get the
> following error when lunching slicer
>
> CHILDKILLED 18507 SIGSEGV {segmentation violation}
>
> I use Slicer 3.6.1 stable version (2010/08/23) for 64 bits.
>
> anybody has the same problem?
>
> thanks,
>
> stan

Re: problems with debian squeeze

stan-2
Hi Steve,

Sorry for my slow response. It was a problem with the nvidia driver,
which was not correctly installed.
I could solve this just yesterday.

stan