quantitative measurments

Alpar Dako
Hi everyone!

I have seen, here is a good communication between slicer users. I couldn't follow all the topics, most of them exceed my level of experience using this software, I am a beginner.

I would like to ask a question, which may be simple for some of You, but I am quite stuck with my project. I would like to compare pre operation and post operation cone beam CT scans, to define the amount of the gained bone after bone augmentation surgeries (for dental implants).

I can import the DICOM data of both pre- and post op CTs to the software.

My questions are: can I measure somehow the volume? Is there an option for quantitative measurments? I watched tutorials, for brain tumor, but in my case the radioopacity (so the color) of the augmented bone is very similar to the other bone parts, and I couldn't find out how to do measurments.
If not volume, even measuring distances would be good, if somehow I could find out a standard, reliable method. What I can do is only playing with the ruler, but it doesnt seem to be an acceptable way to measure.

Can You help me? Any tips?
Thank You very much in advance!
Alpar

Re: quantitative measurments

Fernando Pérez-García
Hi Alpar,

Maybe you can:
  1. Use Segment Editor module to segment your structures of interest
  2. Use Segmentations module to create a label map from the segmentation
  3. Use Label Statistics module for your quantitative measurements

Fernando

[...]

Csaba Pinter-2

Please don’t convert it to labelmap, but use Segment Statistics module instead.

csaba

Re: quantitative measurments

You can also use the Segment Statistics module to (available in recent nightly builds):

  1. Use Segment Editor module to segment your structures of interest
  2. Use Segment Statistics module for quantitative measurements (mean density, volume, surface, etc)

Andras

Re: quantitative measurments

Steve Pieper-2
Also for other information, software, videos etc about CMF research using open software (including Slicer) see this info:

https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/dentistry-image-computing/Download

HTH,
Steve

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:

You can also use the Segment Statistics module to (available in recent nightly builds):

  1. Use Segment Editor module to segment your structures of interest
  2. Use Segment Statistics module for quantitative measurements (mean density, volume, surface, etc)

Andras

Re: quantitative measurments

Alpar Dako
Thank You very much for Your help! I will learn how to use it, i will read the informations.
Best wishes!
Dakó Alpár