real time functional data visualsation

Fahad Anwar

Hi there

Just like to know is there any real time functional data availability through Slicer. I mean in theatre if instrument coordinates are available can we provide this to Slicer software to have functional data in real time to neurosurgeons when performing biopsy.

With regards

Fahad Bin Anwar, MPhil, MCS, MA

ISQD | Prince2 Practitioner

Wolfson Molecular Imaging Centre

The University of Manchester

27 Palatine Road | Withington | Manchester | M20 3LJ

Re: real time functional data visualsation

Isaiah Norton
Yes to the instrument coordinates: this has been done with the
OpenIGTLink interface available in Slicer to connect to (among others)
the BrainLab vvLink platform, and the NDI Aurora system.

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/OpenIGTLink
http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Modules:OpenIGTLinkIF

As for real-time functional imaging: I know there are some projects
working on real-time MR or CT acquisition interfacing for such things as
prostate biopsy and cardiac ablation. Not sure about functional.

-Isaiah