saving fiducials

Luke Bloy-2

Hi Nicole and Slicer-users,

I’m interested in using slicer do some point cloud visualization and registration and I’m having trouble figuring out how to load and save lists of points into the annotation module.

I came across this message http://massmail.spl.harvard.edu/public-archives/slicer-users/2012/005171.html, which suggests that it should be possible but I’m having a hard time getting it to work, I’m using the  Nightly linux64 build from 8-18.

My experience thus far is that I can save individual points to acsv files, and in one session I was able to save them as fcsv files, but I can’t seem to get that option back. I have not been able to save multiple points to one file so far.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks

Luke

Re: saving fiducials

Julien Finet
Hi Luke,
You might want to load your point clouds as model (.vtk file) and not as annotations.
Then you do a Fiducial Registration (it generates a transform that you then apply to your model).
Hth,
Julien.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Luke Bloy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Nicole and Slicer-users,

I’m interested in using slicer do some point cloud visualization and registration and I’m having trouble figuring out how to load and save lists of points into the annotation module.

I came across this message http://massmail.spl.harvard.edu/public-archives/slicer-users/2012/005171.html, which suggests that it should be possible but I’m having a hard time getting it to work, I’m using the  Nightly linux64 build from 8-18.

My experience thus far is that I can save individual points to acsv files, and in one session I was able to save them as fcsv files, but I can’t seem to get that option back. I have not been able to save multiple points to one file so far.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks

Luke

Re: saving fiducials

Aucoin, Nicole
Hi Luke,

.fcsv files are Slicer3 fiducial files which can be loaded into Slicer4
but shouldn't be generated at this point from any code in Slicer4.
.acsv files are the current Slicer4 file format, one annotation per
file. This will change once the new Markups module is integrated, but
for now it's one file per annotation.

Nicole

On 08/20/2012 01:13 PM, Luke Bloy wrote:

> Hi Nicole and Slicer-users,
>
> I’m interested in using slicer do some point cloud visualization and
> registration and I’m having trouble figuring out how to load and save
> lists of points into the annotation module.
>
> I came across this message
> http://massmail.spl.harvard.edu/public-archives/slicer-users/2012/005171.html,
> which suggests that it should be possible but I’m having a hard time
> getting it to work, I’m using the Nightly linux64 build from 8-18.
>
> My experience thus far is that I can save individual points to acsv
> files, and in one session I was able to save them as fcsv files, but I
> can’t seem to get that option back. I have not been able to save
> multiple points to one file so far.
>
> Hopefully someone can help me out.
>
> Thanks
>
> Luke

Re: saving fiducials

Luke Bloy-2

Hi Julien and Nicole,

If I convert the point clouds to vtk files I can then load them in as a model. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to have much control over the visualization of the points, I’d like to be able to make the point glyphs bigger as there are nearly impossible to see currently. Is there any place where this is possible? Is it possible to convert a model to an annotation list?

Thanks

-Luke

Re: saving fiducials

Julien Finet
Hi Luke, it is indeed not possible to change the point size of the point cloud as of now.
You can create a mantis feature request issue . Due to the coming release it's unlikely that we will add the feature anytime soon.
However, we take contributions. The idea is to write a widget like ctkVTKSurfaceMaterialPropertyWidget and link with the vtkProperty pointsize attribute. Let me know if you want to contribute by adding such feature, I can guide you through.
Thanks,
Julien.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Luke Bloy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Julien and Nicole,

If I convert the point clouds to vtk files I can then load them in as a model. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to have much control over the visualization of the points, I’d like to be able to make the point glyphs bigger as there are nearly impossible to see currently. Is there any place where this is possible? Is it possible to convert a model to an annotation list?

Thanks

-Luke

Re: saving fiducials

Luke Bloy-2

Hi Julien,

Hopefully in the next week I’ll take a look and I’ll let you know where I run into any issues.

Thanks,

Luke