slicer 3.4.2 on win xp 32-bit

Garrett, Benjamin D

Hi,

So I installed Slicer3-3.4.2-2010-01-06-win32.exe on Windows XP 32-bit SP3.  The exe displays the splash screen with “Slicer3 starting up…” and then dies immediately with no error message.  I then found these instructions here:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes-3.4

and attempted the workaround for vista.  The 3.2 exe works fine, but 3.4 still doesn’t work at all, with no error message.

I did a google search and found this:

http://massmail.spl.harvard.edu/public-archives/slicer-devel/2009/003705.html

I checked my Add/Remove programs and I already have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package installed (two versions of it are listed:  9.0.21022 and 9.0.30729.4148).

Any ideas on anything else I could try?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Re: slicer 3.4.2 on win xp 32-bit

swallace
Hi Garrett,

This is an issue that is currently being worked on; you should be able to
check out its status through the mantis bug tracker. Let us know if you
have any other questions-- thanks!

Stuart