tilted view of volumes

Philipp Weiss

Hi You,

first of all thanks for that software, which is damn powerful but easy
to handle! I'm currently using it for combining medical images. I
followed few tutorials and got already serious output. There is one
tiny issue, I didn't manage to solve up to now: From the beginning
with loading either DICOM or '.nrrd' images the whole view is kind of
tilted/crooked. In my case the MRI head seems to be bended to one
side, but it affects the whole (rectangular) data in all three
(sagittal, coronal, axial) views. Other Software Viewers don't behave
like that. Since I want to register different volumes, it would be
nice to have a proper background.

I hope you got my issue and would be happy about any advice!

Thanks,
Philipp

Re: tilted view of volumes

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Philipp -

Glad to hear Slicer is useful for you!

By default the slice viewers are in the major anatomical planes as described here [1] but many MR images are acquired at different rotations for various clinical reasons.  You can use the Rotate button [2] to orient the view to match the image plane.  For combining multiple acquisitions you can look through the image registration materials to get ideas [3] and follow up if you have more questions.

Hope that helps,
Steve