using seg in slicer

Steve Pieper-2
Hi -

Chris emailed a question about seg support in slicer to the list, but it didn't get through for some reason.

While we are waiting for that to get sorted out let me try to answer his questions and Nicole or Andrey can correct/extend as needed.

0) I believe it's best to use the nightly, but the 4.5.0-1 should work too

1) to use DICOM SEG, you need the Reporting extension [1] available from the Extension Manager [2]

2) you can only create SEG from data imported via the DICOM module [3]

3) after creating a segmentation using the editor and then enter the Per-Structure Volumes tab [4] and export to SEG.

4) the SEG will appear in the same study with the source series.  If you click the Metadata button you can look at the header and also access the file path to get the file.

There's a youtube video showing the steps here [4].  It shows you can also import SEGs.

HTH,