vmtkslicermodule installation problems on cygwin

vmtkslicermodule installation problems on cygwin

madanrao
Hello,

Thanks. I am able to successfully build & install Slicer3 in Cygwin. However, I am having problems
installing VMTKSlicerModule.

I am not able to visualize the VMTK modules in the Slicer.

I am running out of ideas as to how to do this. I request anyone for please help.

AM Mohan Rao

Output Window

Linking...
   Creating library C:\cygwin\home\rao\Slicer3-build\lib\Slicer3\Modules\Debug\vtkvmtkSegmentation.lib and object C:\cygwin\home\rao\Slicer3-build\lib\Slicer3\Modules\Debug\vtkvmtkSegmentation.exp
vtkvmtkActiveTubeFilter.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ?New@vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@SAPAV1@XZ (public: static class vtkvmtkCardinalSpline * __cdecl vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::New(void)) imported in function "protected: void __thiscall vtkvmtkActiveTubeFilter::EvolveCellSpline(class vtkPolyData *,int)" (?EvolveCellSpline@vtkvmtkActiveTubeFilter@@IAEXPAVvtkPolyData@@H@Z)
vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: virtual char const * __thiscall vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::GetClassNameInternal(void)const " (?GetClassNameInternal@vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@EBEPBDXZ)
vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::IsA(char const *)" (?IsA@vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@UAEHPBD@Z)
vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual class vtkObjectBase * __thiscall vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::NewInstanceInternal(void)const " (?NewInstanceInternal@vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@MBEPAVvtkObjectBase@@XZ)
vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) protected: virtual __thiscall vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::~vtkvmtkCardinalSpline(void)" (__imp_??1vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@MAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual void * __thiscall vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GvtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@MAEPAXI@Z)
vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) const vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::`vftable'" (__imp_??_7vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@6B@) referenced in function "protected: __thiscall vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::vtkvmtkCardinalSpline(void)" (??0vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@IAE@XZ)
C:\cygwin\home\rao\Slicer3-build\lib\Slicer3\Modules\Debug\vtkvmtkSegmentation.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

Results

Build log was saved at "file://c:\cygwin\home\rao\Slicer3-build\Modules\VmtkSlicerModule\vtkVmtk\Segmentation\vtkvmtkSegmentation.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
vtkvmtkSegmentation - 6 error(s), 1 warning(s)

Re: vmtkslicermodule installation problems on cygwin

Daniel Haehn
Hi Mohan,

the manual build of the VMTK modules on Win32 is kind of a pain.

Instead please try to use the extension wizard to install VMTK in 3D
Slicer. This should either work with a pre-compiled Slicer nightly build
or with your manual build of Slicer.

HTH,
Daniel

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:48:43 +0530, Madan Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> virtual void * __thiscall vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::`scalar deleting
> destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GvtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@MAEPAXI@Z)
> vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) const vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::`vftable'"
> (__imp_??_7vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@6B@) referenced in function "protected:
> __thiscall vtkvmtkCardinalSpline::vtkvmtkCardinalSpline(void)"
> (??0vtkvmtkCardinalSpline@@IAE@XZ)

C:\cygwin\home\rao\Slicer3-build\lib\Slicer3\Modules\Debug\vtkvmtkSegmentation.dll
> : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
>
> Results
>

> Build log was saved at

"file://c:\cygwin\home\rao\Slicer3-build\Modules\VmtkSlicerModule\vtkVmtk\Segmentation\vtkvmtkSegmentation.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> vtkvmtkSegmentation - 6 error(s), 1 warning(s)

Re: vmtkslicermodule installation problems on cygwin

Hello Daniel,

The extension wizard does not make it easy either:
 I can't get the extensions loaded in the manual build of Slicer.
Although pre-compiled Slicer can do so, the downloads stay put at
the users directory.

So I am left with no choice but to go for manual build.

The brighter side of it is I am successful in installing VMTK on Vista (and
ready to contribute the binaries).

Are there any suggestions that can help me?

AM Mohan Rao