vmtkslicermodule installation problems on windows (Vista) partial workaround

vmtkslicermodule installation problems on windows (Vista) partial workaround

madanrao
Hello,

adding:

#define VTK_FILTERING_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)

to vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h

seems to have resolved some linking dll errors.

AM Mohan Rao

Re: vmtkslicermodule installation problems on windows (Vista) partial workaround

Luca Antiga
Hi Mohan Rao,
  my mistake with this one
I'm sorry, I didn't notice your email from Jan 4 stating the issue.

Indeed the right thing to do is to replace
VTK_FILTERING_EXPORT
with
VTK_VMTK_SEGMENTATION_EXPORT
in vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h
without adding the line you added. It's fixed now in vmtk svn.
Thanks a lot for spotting this, let me know if you get more errors.

Best regards

Luca

On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Madan Rao wrote:

> Hello,
>
> adding:
>
> #define VTK_FILTERING_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
>
> to vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h
>
> seems to have resolved some linking dll errors.
>
> AM Mohan Rao

Re: vmtkslicermodule installation problems on windows (Vista) partial workaround

Daniel Haehn
Thanks a lot to you both!

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 16:47 +0100, Luca Antiga wrote:

> Hi Mohan Rao,
>   my mistake with this one
> I'm sorry, I didn't notice your email from Jan 4 stating the issue.
>
> Indeed the right thing to do is to replace
> VTK_FILTERING_EXPORT
> with
> VTK_VMTK_SEGMENTATION_EXPORT
> in vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h
> without adding the line you added. It's fixed now in vmtk svn.
> Thanks a lot for spotting this, let me know if you get more errors.
>
> Best regards
>

> Luca
>

> On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Madan Rao wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > adding:
> >
> > #define VTK_FILTERING_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
> >
> > to vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h
> >
> > seems to have resolved some linking dll errors.
> >
> > AM Mohan Rao

Re: vmtkslicermodule installation problems on windows (Vista) partial workaround

madanrao
Hello Luca,

Thanks.

The correct procedures in vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h seems to be to:

replace VTK_FILTERING_EXPORT
with
VTK_VMTK_SEGMENTATION_EXPORT

and add

#define VTK_VMTK_SEGMENTATION_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)

With these there are no more errors.

AM Mohan Rao

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Daniel Haehn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks a lot to you both!

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 16:47 +0100, Luca Antiga wrote:
> Hi Mohan Rao,
>   my mistake with this one
> I'm sorry, I didn't notice your email from Jan 4 stating the issue.
>
> Indeed the right thing to do is to replace
> VTK_FILTERING_EXPORT
> with
> VTK_VMTK_SEGMENTATION_EXPORT
> in vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h
> without adding the line you added. It's fixed now in vmtk svn.
> Thanks a lot for spotting this, let me know if you get more errors.
>
> Best regards
>

> Luca
>

> On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Madan Rao wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > adding:
> >
> > #define VTK_FILTERING_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
> >
> > to vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h
> >
> > seems to have resolved some linking dll errors.
> >
> > AM Mohan Rao

Re: vmtkslicermodule installation problems on windows (Vista) partial workaround

Luca Antiga
Hello Madan Rao,
 thanks again. Sorry for the back and forth but I currently have no Windows testing
machine, thanks a lot for helping.

The line
#define VTK_VMTK_SEGMENTATION_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
is already defined when you include
#include "vtkvmtkWin32Header.h"
which unfortunately was still missing from vtkvmtkCardinalSpline.h

I committed this further fix, it should work now.

Thanks again and best regards

Luca